Established Kuraray Noritake Dental Inc.
Established Kuraray (Thailand) Co., Ltd.
Acquired industrial PVA film business of MonoSol, LLC.
Used M&A and alliances to be a specialty chemical company with a global presence.
- Moved Osaka Head Office.
PVA fiber registered in the Future Technological Heritage of the National Science Museum.
Established Kuraray South America Ltda. in Brazil.
- Started production of acrylic thermoplastic elastomer KURARITY at the Niigata Plant.
Kuraray Noritake Dental plant Ceremony celebrating the establishment of Kuraray Noritake Dental
Completed new production facilities for bone-graft substitute medical device REGENOS.Bone-graft substitute medical device REGENOS
Completed a new plant for hard carbon for lithium-ion battery anodes at the Tsurumi Plant of Kuraray Chemical Co., Ltd. (now Tsurumi Plant).
Completed the acquisition of the vinyl acetate business of U.S. company DuPont.
Developed and launched acrylic film PARAPURE.Signing ceremony with DuPont
- President Masaaki Ito took office.
Acquired Plantic Technologies Limited, which is engaged in the bio-based barrier film business.
Revised the Corporate Statements.
Terminated operations at Sakazu, where Kuraray was established.
- Kuraray absorbed Kuraray Chemical Co., Ltd.
New Tsurumi Plant commenced operations.
- Began shipping KURANODE (hard carbon for lithium-ion battery anodes).
- Acquired U.S. company Calgon Carbon Corporation, which manufactures and sells activated carbon.