We will specify the purposes of use of personal information and acquire personal information in lawful and appropriate manner. Personal information that we will acquire and treat includes,
- Name, address, birth date, workplace, job title, phone number, e-mail address, etc.
- Access data to our websites that could identify specific individuals
- Other personal information necessary for the Kuraray Group operations
We will use personal information for the following purposes and to the extent deemed relevant to those purposes. Except otherwise approved by law or regulation, we will not use personal information for any purpose outside of those stated below, without consent of the individual.
- Provision and proposal of the Kuraray Group products, services, and related information
- Planning, research, and development of the Kuraray Group products and services; and information gathering, survey or analysis related to these activities
- Improving the usability of our website (authentication at login, etc.)
- Sending letters of greeting to survey respondents, and other greetings such as season’s greetings, etc.
- Responding to inquiries, documents or other requests, complaints, etc.
- Recruitment activities and related procedures
- Management of stock administration and shareholders under the Companies Act
- Appropriate labor management (including various procedures) of the employees of the Kuraray Group
- Exercise of rights and fulfillment of obligations under laws and regulations or contracts
- Appropriate and smooth execution of other Kuraray Group operations
We will not disclose nor provide personal data to third parties without the consent of the individual, except otherwise approved by law or regulation.
We may share personal data within the Kuraray Group as follows;
We will take necessary and appropriate security control measures to prevent leakage, loss, or damage of personal data. We will also properly supervise our employees and, if we entrust the handling of personal data to a processor as a whole or in part, we will appoint and supervise the processor who is deemed to treat personal data properly.
In accordance with laws and regulations, we will respond appropriately to the requests for disclosure (including disclosure of the provision records to third parties), correction, addition, removal, suspension of use or deletion, suspension of provision to third parties, or notification of purpose of use with regard to the personal information we acquire ("Requests for Disclosure, Correction, etc.") after confirming that the person making such a request is the individual concerned. Please note that a handling fee may be charged for requests for disclosure or notification of the purpose of use. For further details, please contact us at the following address.
General Affairs Department, Kuraray Co., Ltd.
As of 1/23/2023
1. Purpose of use and Legal basis under GDPR for processing the personal data which the Kuraray Group processes;
2. When the Kuraray Group transfers personal data to its group companies or processers, the personal data may be transferred to the counties outside the EEA. The Kuraray Group will transfer personal data only to the extent;
3. The Kuraray Group will store personal data for the appropriate period determined based on the criteria of the respective statutory retention period. After expiration of the period, the corresponding data no longer necessary will be deleted in accordance with the respective retention policy.
4. A resident of the EEA has the following rights in connection with his/her own personal data handled by the Kuraray Group;
5. Lodging a complaint with a competent authority
6. Contact information of the Data Protection Officer of the Kuraray Group in EEA: