Kuraray Co., Ltd. today announced details of the Company's participation in the FPD (Flat Panel Display) International 2006 Exhibition commencing October 18, 2006.
Kuraray has identified the optics domain as a new growth field and is concentrating development efforts in this area. During FPD International 2006, the Company will exhibit its backlight devices and components that boast high luminance utilizing Kuraray's proprietary micro pattern processing technology, stampers and other products.
|Exhibition Dates ||October 18, 2006 (Wednesday) through October 20, 2006 (Friday) 10:00 to 17:00 |
|Venue ||Pacifico Yokohama (Exhibition Hall) |
|Exhibit Details || |
- Surface Patterned Diffusion Plates
- The surface patterned diffusion plate is a diffusion plate for large screens exceeding 100 inches that successfully achieves high luminance by maintaining a fine surface configuration utilizing micro pattern processing technology. This product contributes to a reduction in the use of various optical films in back light units and effectively reduces the number of cold cathode fluorescent lamps.
- Double-Side Patterned Light Guides
- In diluting the fine configuration that differs on both sides of each light guide, the double-side patterned light guide serves to enhance luminance. In addition, the double-side patterned light guide reduces the various optical films used in back light units and eliminates the printing process.
- Optical Sheet for Luminance Improvement
- An optical sheet with surface layer lens feature that contributes to improved luminance in backlight devices.
- LCD Backlighting Device
- Utilizing a special film, which functions as a diffusion sheet and prism sheet, Developed Backlighting Device is a one-piece multifunction light-guide plate that contributes to reducing the thickness of back light units.
- A variety of stamper patterns that address the diverse needs of consumers.
Inorganic EL products ,which Kuraray exhibited in collaboration with T. Chatani & Co., Ltd. during FPD International 2005, will not be exhibited during FPD International 2006 due to delays in development.